This post originally appeared on February 19, 2020, in Add to Cart — the weekly newsletter for people who love shopping (almost) as much as they love eating. .
红包扫雷源码免公众号i managed to use my for what felt like years without sharpening it, even as it slowly dulled by the day (or by the salad, which is honestly 90 percent of what i use it for). finally, last weekend, as it struggled to slice through a cucumber, i decided it was time. except i couldn’t decide on the best way to sharpen it — not because i was at a loss for information, but because i had too much.
红包扫雷源码免公众号there are hundreds (thousands?) of online guides to knife-sharpening techniques and products. there are experts who proselytize ; hobbyists who are down with cheaper gadgets, like the or the ; some who say are the way to go, and others who c altogether. honestly, there’s out there (which !!) that when i sent my husband on an internet mission to figure out the best way to service my beloved wüsthof, he came back empty-handed, frustrated, and resigned to take it to a professional in our neighborhood, passing the buck (literally) to someone else.
红包扫雷源码免公众号luckily, before he did, we received a belated gift from our wedding registry: the , which i had thrown on there without much thought months ago. it turns out that it works just fine. i don’t know conclusively if it’s the best, but with a knife that cuts like a dream again, fine feels good enough.
Things to buy
- At this point, Taco Bell is as much as it is a fast-food joint, and as such, its is robust. My coworkers are eyeing these .
- Speaking of which, you can now get , letting you adorably declare your devotion to the Philadelphia falafel-and-tahini-shake shop.
- We should all be drinking rosé de saignée, a pink Champagne that’s the result of skin contact with dark-skinned grapes — i.e., it has those natural wine vibes. Give the a try.
- Home cafe videos are not something I spend a lot of time watching, but I do love this elegant little , just one of the many glasses recommended by Eater’s Jenny G. Zhang for trying the viral trend yourself.
Things to know
- I learned a lot from this , including the concept of “the cold chain.”
- It would appear we’re going to be blessed with a Supreme x Oreo collaboration… which is already on eBay.
- Holy crap, can someone teach me how to assemble this flower arrangement at Comice in Paris?
- “Woman Kind of Mean For .”
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.